Friday, April 6, 2018

Oh, how I've missed you...

"Sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all... "

It's been quite some time since I've written a blog entry.

Sometimes it's necessary to step away for a while. In fact, for me I made it a requirement. I wanted to write. I wanted share. But at the same time, I didn't. So, I didn't.

About a year ago, my life took a complete 180. There's no exaggeration about that. My life was headed in one direction and then one day it all came to a screeching halt. Upended, spiraled, twisted, flipped - however you want to describe it, it happened.

And I'm not here to discuss or rehash what took place then. The past is in the past and nothing will change that. In fact, at this point, when I think back to it, I wouldn't change a thing. It happened for a reason. You learn things when your world flips. And oh what I know now! Trust in the path you're put on despite how rocky and terrifying it may be at the beginning. Slowly but surely that light reveals itself until you no longer see that dark black speck from your past.

I've missed writing. I've missed keeping up with my blog. There's been plenty of times I've wanted to write about life, what's happening in the world, my stance and take on things. Instead I've waited, slowly but surely, knowing that the right time would come to reenter this world. April felt like the right time.

A wise person once told me, it takes a year to fully move on from something. In the past year, I've found this to be very true.

Take that year to create new memories, new traditions, new everything. A year to develop and grow without that piece that's now missing.

Do you wallow and pout with the change ahead of you or do you grab hold and take it on full speed?

I've been going full speed. So much change, so much that's good, so much happiness.

I hope you all are ready to hear what's been going on and the journeys I have ahead, because there's a lot of them.

2017 was a year filled with healing, resilience, and perseverance

2018 will be a year filled with continuing down this path and watching all that I've worked for in the last year come to fruition

Are you ready? Because I know I sure as hell am!

No comments:

Post a Comment